Thursday, November 29, 2007

Vesting The Lord's House (Advent 2007)


Our church was a bee hive of activity today as we vested the narthex and sanctuary for the season of our Lord's nativity. Small Moravian stars were hung throughout the nave earlier this week, but today the largest star was hung at the crossing. It's quite dramatic, and it was pretty dramatic watching it being swung into place! Several dedicated women placed the Advent candle stand and wreath, the crismon tree, and various wreaths, flowers and other items in the narthex and sanctuary. Finally, with two performances coming up in the next week, Lucy D. was busy organizing handbells (she even polished a few smudged bells). It was an exciting day to see the transformation, but also to see and be part of the expression of devotion these many persons made today. We all will be blessed, and our Lord honored, by their efforts.
I know more than one of the folks I snapped today was bemused I was taking their picture. One asked, "What do you plan to do with that photograph?" I'm not sure she believed me when I told her I was going to post that one and several others on the web (for all, gasp, to see)! Yet, here they are!

No comments: