Monday, June 23, 2008

Danger! Danger!

I am at the PAM-sponsored conference on Worship & Music at Montreat this week. Lay musicians have cause to fear after I've had a busy summer conference season. I return to the fall rehearsal schedule, as my grandfather used to say, "loaded for bear." The conference season is a vital bit of re-fueling for me, where I get jazzed by new techniques, refreshed in my own soul, and confirmed in things I already knew. I've learned not to blast away at the first rehearsal with all my new ideas, but they most certainly trickle out as the academic year progresses.

I have had two wonderful surprises already, not really related to music. I saw my most-favorite-est piano teacher, Betty C. Betty wasn't my first piano teacher but she raised me from a musical pup. We have kept in touch lo these many years! I also met up with Ed T. formerly in Richmond, now at Morningstar Lutheran in Matthews (near Charlotte). Folks from church are also here: Cathy Mc. and Carla S. I spied Arden S. and Anne L. from afar today (one of the virtues of sitting near the rear of the 2000-seat Anderson Auditorium). I'll try to remember to pack a camera and get some photos.

No comments: