Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Music for July 26

FirstLight
Gathering
Better is one day

Opening
I’ll fly away

Confession/Praise Response
Lord, listen to your children praying

Offertory
We will dance

Closing
On Jordan’s stormy banks (Promised land)

11AM
Hymns
620, Praise, my soul the king of heaven (LAUDA ANIMA)
375, Shall we gather at the River (HANSON PLACE)
377, I want to walk as a child of the light (HOUSTON)

Confession/Praise Response
469, Lord, listen to your children praying

Doxology (PLEADING SAVIOR)
For the life that you have given

Instrumental Music
Prelude: Arr. Dana F. Everson, He leadeth me
TBA title, Allen Bell, saxophone
Offertory: Arr. Rich Heffler, I know whom I have believed
TBA title, Allen Bell, saxophone
Postlude: John Leavitt, Pirate Story, from Scenes of Childhood
Poetry by Robert Louis Stevenson
Hi! But here’s a squadron a-rowing on the sea; cattle on the meadow a-charging with a roar! Quick, and we’ll escape them, they’re as mad as they can be, the wicket is the
harbor and the garden is the shore.

This is the last week of our sermon series on children's of faith from a child's perspective. The topic is "heaven." The Leavitt piece is thoroughly secular, but even in the images of the poem by RL Stevenson, I can perceive a metaphor for heaven: the harbor and shore, which in turn pop up in the middle hymn at 11am. God has a way!

No comments: