Thursday, January 24, 2008

Worship Music 27 January 2008

This week in worship we will be lifting up our Stephen Ministers. Those folks have designed the whole liturgy with an emphasis on the ministry of care-giving in our congregation and beyond.

Music at FirstLight will include “He knows my name;” the traditional hymn “Be thou my vision;” “Purify my heart;” “We fall down;” and “You are worthy of my praise.” Our closing song will be Dan Schutte’s “Here I am Lord.” The Prophets will sing an arrangement of the spiritual “I have decided to follow Jesus.”

Music at 11 AM will include congregational songs “Be thou my vision,” (SLANE); “Amazing grace,” (NEW BRITAIN) and “Here I am, Lord” (HERE I AM). The choir will be singing a new song by prolific collaborators Mary Ann Keithan and John Horman, “There is a need for shepherds in this place;” this song is found in their collection “Come Away With Me.” Organ music will include Mendelssohn’s “Prelude and Fugue in G” and Healy Willan’s setting of “Slane.”

No comments: