Thursday, October 29, 2009

Music fo All Saints Day 110109

FirstLight
Gathering Song(s)
Uyaimose
Praise to the Lord, the Almighty

Opening Song
Alabare

Confession
You are my king

Offertory
Commune with me

Doxology
Give thanks

Communion
Hallelujah, saved by your grace

Closing Song
Forever


11AM
Hymns
526, For all the saints (SINE NOMINE)
414, As those of old their firstfruits brought (FOREST GREEN)

Introit
Fred Dunn, Jubilate, Everybody
Aerie Singers

Confession
Glory be to God the Father (WESTMINSTER ABBEY)

Doxology
OLD HUNDREDTH

Music during Communion
Eslinger Communion Service in C
O What their joy and their glory must be
Soon and very soon

Benediction
The Southern Harmony, Promised Land

Instrumental/Organ Music
Prelude: Paul Manz, Let us ever walk with Jesus
Offertory: Kinley Lange, Esto les digo
Esto les digo, si dos de ustedes se ponen de acuerdo aquí en
la tierra para pedir algo en oración, mi padre que está en el cielo,
se lo dará. Porque donde dos o tres se reúnen en mi nombre allí estoy yo,
en medio de ellos.
This I say to you, if two of you agree here on earth to ask for something in prayer, my Father, who is in heaven, will give it to you. Because where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matthew 18.19-20
Postlude: Couperin, Chaconne in G Minor

I learned Wednesday night of the death of Paul Manz. He had been ill for some time, and this was not unexpected. I heard Dr. Manz once in Maryland while I was in div. school. He played a pretty standard recital but end with improvisations, which were his forte. He improvised on "In Babilone" which improvisation ultimately was published. He was an inspiration for my own nascent improvisational skill development. Requiscat in Pace. Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments: