Thursday, October 2, 2014

Music for 100514

FirstLight
Gathering Song(s)
Made me glad

Opening Song
Shine, Jesus, shine

Prayer of Praise Response/Confession
Glory to God whose goodness

Communion
Responses: Leon Roberts Great thanksgiving
Distribution: Jesus Messiah

Offertory   
The church’s one foundation

Closing Song
Refiner’s fire
            
11AM
Hymns
321, The church’s one foundation (AURELIA)
516, For the bread which you have broken (KINGDOM)

Confession Response
582, Glory to God whose goodness (GLORY TO GOD)

Doxology 712.3
In Gratitude and Humble Trust (FOREST GREEN)

Communion
Responses 556, 557, 558
Distribution: 515, 529

Instrumental/Organ Music
Prelude: Voluntary on Kingdom
Offertory: Mark Miller, I believe  
The story goes that these words were found scratched on the walls of a church basement in Koln, Germany during the Holocaust, having been written by Jewish people trying to escape to safety. It lies in the same category of texts as those assembled by Charles Davidson into his children's cantata, "I never saw another butterfly." More precise determinations of the origins of the poem are impossible, and probably not necessary.
"I believe in the sun, even when it's not shining
I believe in love, even when I don't feel it.
I believe in God, even when God is silent."
Postlude: Michael Camidge, Gavotte in G Minor

No comments: