Thursday, April 30, 2009

Teaching Gig


I will be a workshop presenter at the Montreat Conference Center's "Proclaiming the Text" seminar in this summer (June 1-5, with my workshop on TU and TH June 2 and 4, beginning at 2PM each time). I was lined up because of the BMPCNC's work leading up to the implementation of FirstLight and the impact that service has had on our congregational life.

Here's the blurb I wrote to describe my workshop:

Authentic and Vibrant Worship: Worship in the context of a global church offers myriad opportunities and challenges. We’ll explore emerging worship forms and patterns and consider how to evaluate them for use within the context of the Reformed tradition and that of congregations hungry for new expressions of worship.

I will be repeating the same content on two afternoons in a 2-hour block. I think for the first part of the time I'll talk in theoretical terms about worship trends in the new century. In the second part of the time I'll get concrete with details about how FirstLight evolved and how we develop the service weekly.

I hope some readers will attend. If you do plan to attend, and take in my workshop and have a notion you'd like to bat around, drop me a line in the combox. I'll gladly take it into consideration.

No comments: