Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Choir Music Weekend

There will be a choir music event at Lake Junaluska October 23-25. I am intending that most of our Chancel Choir singers will participate, and that this will serve as our fall retreat. We'll be working on a wide range of music. The setting and fellowship time with other church musicians promises to be a highlight of the weekend.

You can read about the event here. From here you can click through and see the event leadership (Ginger Wyrick is one) and see the schedule for the event.

Please download a registration form here. Fill it out and return it to me.


Spouses are welcome; add their name to your registration. There is no cost to them (aside from housing/meals).

Registration for the event is $40 which covers costs of the program. Housing and meals are additional. The two primary locations are Terrace and Lambuth, these are most like a motel/hotel setting and have dining rooms within the facility. Of the two, I suspect that Terrace will be the preference because I suspect it will be closest to reeharsal spaces. I havea wee bit of money available for those who could use a hand with expenses. I can cover registration fees for 3-4 individuals. Please ask me about that.

I am waiting on details about where on the grounds rehearsals will be held. Once I have that information I will be able to make a strong reccommendation regarding where we should book our rooms.

I think most of us will stay one night only, and not participate in any of the Sunday activities. that means for us the weekend event will end with a rehearsal on Saturday night at 8PM.

Rooms most convenient to the rehearsal space will go fast (persons who have attended before will have a head start on us). So please complete your registration and get it to me, so I can move quickly on making revervations.

Please contact me with any questions.

No comments: