Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My class at MCC

I had a nice afternoon with 13 folks at Montreat yesterday. We talked about innovative worship. I talked a little to begin and by the time I was finished, most everyone was primed to jump in and engage in some fairly energetic conversation. I used our FirstLight service as a sort of case study in designing a new worship service. (I gave them a two-page synopsis of the whole 6-year development process that led to what is now FirstLight!) I also provided the group with a list of sites that I use in worship and music design and planning, including this blog. So, they may stop by to see what happens here on occasion.

For those in the class, I forgot to issue a forthright, overt invitation, so here it is: if you are in town over the weekend, you are cordially invited to attend FirstLight, or our 11AM service, this week. As luck would have it, all of our musicians are scheduled to be present, so we should have a nice sound. I've got a pretty good music list put together (check back here at the end of the week to see that).

We hope you, and any other readers, can join us! And thanks for a nice afternoon talking about worship and church.

No comments: