Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Review: The Christian west and its singers, C. Page


I recently read a very favorable review of this book by Christopher Page, on the development of music notation and the advancement of organized singing in Christian churches to the Middle Ages. I wanted to read the book and then review it here for obvious reasons. Yet, as one can see on the publisher's site, the book is out of print. Which explains, I suppose why this is what I find for the book at Amazon.com. Yeah, that's a used copy for $711! Things were no better over at Barnes & Noble. New copies top out at about $3900!! Reckon I'll check it out from the library. It's kind of sad, though: the book is not quite 2 years from its publication date. And it's already out-of-print? What a rip!

+ + + (but dream on)

1 comment:

Mike Barker said...

Just ordered it for about $40. Glad the price came down!