Friday, September 7, 2012

Music for 090912

FirstLight
Gathering Song(s)
Come into God’s presence singing, “alleluia”
Invocation (Murai)
Come, now is the time to worship

Opening Song
This is our God

Prayer of Confession Response
Glory to God whose goodness

Scripture/Proclamation
Open your ears, O faithful people

Offertory
Grateful

Doxology
God, we honor you

Closing Song
Jude Doxology

11AM
Hymns
267, All things bright and beautiful (ROYAL OAK)
We cannot measure how you heal (CANDLER)
422, God, whose giving knows no ending (BEACH SPRING)

Response to Forgiveness
Glory to God whose goodness

Scripture
Open your ears, O faithful people

Anthem
Craig Curry, I heard the voice of Jesus say
…come unto me and rest.
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down thy head upon my breast.
I came to Jesus as I was, weary and worn and sad;
I found in him a resting place, and he has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Behold, I freely give
The living water; thirsty one, stoop down, and drink, and live.”
I came to Jesus, and I drank of that life giving stream;
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived, and now I live in him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, I am this dark world’s Light;
Look unto me, thy morn shall rise, and all thy day be bright.
I looked to Jesus, and I found in him my Star, my Sun;
And in that light of life I’ll walk, till traveling days are done.

Doxology
592, Praise God, from whom all blessings flow (OLD HUNDREDTH)

Instrumental/Organ Music
Prelude:   JS Bach, Siciliano, from Sonata in E-Flat, Libby Barker, flute
Offertory: Claude Boyvin, Duo, Santus
Postlude:  JS Bach, Prelude in F Minor

No comments: