Thursday, September 27, 2012

Music for 093012

FirstLight
Gathering Song(s)
Bless the Lord, my soul
Be still for the presence of the Lord

Opening Song
Blessed be your name

Prayer of Confession Response
Dayenu

Offertory
Draw me nearer

Prayers
O Lord, hear my prayer

Closing Song
What a friend we have in Jesus

11AM
Hymns
420, God of grace and God of glory (CWM RHONDDA)
2202, Come away with me (RECREATION)
403, What a friend we have in Jesus (CONVERSE)

Response to Forgiveness
579, Glory be to the Father (GREATOREX)

Anthem
Arr. Michael Burkhart, The Lord is Beautiful
Nimemwona bwana anapendeza  (We have seen the Lord, and he is beautiful.)
Fairest Lord Jesus, Ruler of all nature, O thou of God to earth come down,
Thee will I cherish, thee will I honor, thou may soul’s glory, joy and crown.
Beautiful Savior, King of creation, Son of God and Son of Man:
truly I’d love thee, truly I’d serve thee, Light of my soul, my joy, my crown.


Doxology
592, Praise God, from whom all blessings flow (OLD HUNDREDTH)

Prayers
2200, O Lord, hear my prayer (HEAR MY PRAYER)

Instrumental/Organ Music
Prelude:    JS Bach, Prelude in C
Virginia Redhead Bethune, harp
Offertory: Arr. Frank Voltz, Sweet Hour of Prayer
Virginia Redhead Bethune, harp
Postlude:  John Stanley, Voluntary in A Minor

This week we are welcoming harpist Virginia Redhead Bethune who will be providing special music at 11AM. View her website here.

No comments: